Rising stars – criteria
- South African Citizen (except for SADC countries)
- Ages between 18-25 (we will evaluate younger athletes)
- Attained certain times over distances ranging from 800m – marathon – ultra marathon
Existing talent will be identified by;
- A comprehensive evaluation of existing times from 800m – ultra marathons
- Collaboration with existing leading clubs
- New talent will be identified through “talent discovery runs” which will be driven through ENDUROCAD’s “SA CAN RUN” initiative.
- Top athletes will then be selected to attend on-going skills training assessment camps from here they will be placed into the different levels within ENDUROCAD’s divisions.
- Achievement of at least an IAAF Bronze Standard
IAAF Gold Level Criteria
- Marathon: Men: 2:10:30 and Women: 2:28:00
- Half Marathon: Men: 1:01:30 and Women: 1:11:00
- 10km: Men: 28:10 and Women: 32:10
- OR have finished in the first 20 places in the most recent edition of the IAAF World Championships, World Half Marathon Championships or Olympic Games Marathons.
IAAF Silver Level Criteria
- Marathon: Men: 2:12:00 and Women: 2:32:00
- Half Marathon: Men: 1:02:30 and Women: 1:12:00
- 10km: Men: 28:40 and Women: 32:50
IAAF Bronze Level Criteria
- Marathon: Men: 2:16:00 and Women: 2:38:00
- Half Marathon: Men: 1:04:00 and Women: 1:15:00
- 10km: Men: 29:30 and Women: 37:00
- 5km: Men: 14:00 and Women: 17:30
If you feel that you have talent and would like to apply for selection.